SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the design, install, and repair of equipment to include site inspections. Functions as the Project Manager for major jobs and responsible for the project(s) to be delivered and installed on-time and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High competency of all duties of the Project Engineer
- Able to work efficiently.
- Understanding of mechanical systems especially those related to Rotary Processing Equipment and related components.
- Ability to read, understand, and comprehend drawings from multiple sources.
- Use of measuring instruments (Vernier Calipers, Gauges, Rulers, Etc.) in both standard and metric.
- Measure and sketch customer supplied components for reverse engineering.
- Ability to take field notes and make models and drawings for quote and manufacturing.
- Able to inspect new and used equipment and make analytical reports based on the observed components.
- Understanding of common project management practices and able to manage small projects to ensure the product meets our quality standards and is on budget.
- Work with vendors to source parts and get pricing.
- Ability to source parts/components from multiple sources to include new vendors and perform due diligence so new vendors meet our standards.
- Ensure all data and drawings are filed and/or stored per policies in an organized manner.
- Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Conducts tests and inspections on products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Ability to research and document necessary items needed for design.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively design new products from customer input.
- Higher understanding of project management
- Laying out timeline of critical path items
- Tracking project budget
- Customer communication
- High field knowledge and understanding of all designed projects.
- Manage installation crew in the field to aid in troubleshooting any issues.
- Act as a secondary sales contact to customers while in the field.
- Act as sales contact as advised by VP Sales and President for specific accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Manager of Engineering. Works closely with the VP Sales as required. Coordinates and consults with General Manger as required for fabrication.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Engineering or similar field is required; graduation from an ABET-accredited program is preferred. A Master of Science in engineering is beneficial. Good communications skills (oral and in writing) and the ability to work well with technical and non-technical people are essential.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Highly proficient with SolidWorks and Project Management Software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ABILITIES
Ability to communicate orally with management, engineers, and coworkers is crucial.
Ability to follow instructions from Manager.
Ability to organize work and finishing it on schedule.
Good interpersonal skills.
Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
Ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Ability to create presentations and provide them to Finch employees or customers.
Sitting for extended periods is common.
Ability to hear and see within normal ranges helpful for normal conversations.
Ability to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
Lifting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems.
Ability to understand and utilize management reports and plans.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting with frequent field visits (indoor and outdoors) for measurement verification. Could require extended travel and working at job sites.