Responsible for the install and/or repair of equipment to include site inspections for rotary processing equipment and other industrial components. Functions as the Project Manager for major jobs and responsible for the project(s) to be delivered and installed on-time and within budget. Typically, supervises or manages work crews, but may require hands on work on smaller projects. Focus on Quality and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- High competency of all duties of the Project Engineer
- Understanding of mechanical systems especially those related to Rotary Processing Equipment and related components.
- Ability to read, understand, and comprehend drawings from multiple sources.
- Measure and sketch customer supplied components for reverse engineering, take field notes, and make models or drawings for quoting and manufacturing.
- Work with vendors to source parts and get pricing.
- Ability to source parts/components from multiple sources to include new vendors and perform due diligence so new vendors meet our standards.
- High field knowledge and understanding of all designed projects.
- Manage installation crew in the field to aid in troubleshooting any issues.
- Act as a secondary sales contact to customers while in the field.
- Act as sales contact as advised by VP Sales and President for specific accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the General Manager. Works closely with the VP Sales and Director of Engineering as required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar field OR at least 10-years experience in the field managing related projects. Good communications skills and the ability to work well with technical and non-technical people are essential.