SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The Sales Engineering Representative receives requests and inquiries from customers and provides product and price information, including quotations (bids). They develop sales leads and contact customers, explain product features, and answers any questions from their customers. Ensures excellent customer service to maintain long-term customer relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, build and maintain customer relationships
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories or following leads from existing clients
- Develop referrals and reach out to potential contacts in assigned markets or territory
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how specific products and services can meet those needs
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
- Answer customers’ questions about prices, availability, and product uses
- Solicit quotes for materials from suppliers to complete customer proposals
- Create proposals based upon quotes for materials, internal labor, out sourced manufacturing, services and review as required with VP
- Receive requests by telephone, fax or mail for price quotations/verifications, purchase orders, and changes or cancellations directly from customers
- Maintain list of customers and insure CRM is updated and accurate
- Respond immediately to customer inquiries/information needs
- Provide positive, courteous service to customers
- Answer questions regarding product line, prices, delivery times, and warranty
- Manage customer expectations regarding project schedule and delivery date
- Insure all sales are in accordance with the Company’s Terms & Conditions
- Follows up with customer after receipt or install of equipment to insure all is working properly and resolves any issues to ensure excellent customer satisfaction
- Send product literature, references and other data to customer as required
- Submit sales activity and forecast reports
- Provide briefings to management as necessary or as requested
- Work trade shows as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Reports directly to the VP of Sales. Coordinates activities with Manager of Engineering and General Manager as required to meet customer needs.
Engineering degree preferred. In lieu of engineering degree, relevant sales, project management, and/or machine shop, fabrication, welding and job estimating experience is acceptable. Experience in industrial rotary processing equipment (cement or limestone rotary kilns, dryer, breaker, ball mills, etc.) or related industrial processing is preferred. Prior sales experience, preferably with industrial/manufacturing customers. Demonstrated ability to manage projects of varying complexity.
Please send resumes to email@example.com or call 570-655-2277.