SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the design and functionality of the assigned rotary processing mechanical systems with a focus on using SolidWorks to complete the drawings for approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Able to work efficiently and meet assigned due dates
* Understanding of mechanical systems, especially those related to Rotary Processing Equipment and related components
* Ability to read, understand, and comprehend drawings from multiple sources
* Use of measuring instruments (Vernier Calipers, Gauges, Rulers, Etc.) in both standard and metric
* Measure and sketch customer supplied components for reverse engineering
* Take field notes and make models and drawings for quote and manufacturing
* Able to inspect new and used equipment and make analytical reports based on the observed components
* Work with vendors to source parts and get pricing
* Source parts/components from multiple sources to include new vendors and perform due diligence so new vendors meet our standards
* Understands the principles of ISO 9001:2015 and Quality Management and ensures all actions support these requirements
* If working on a drawing and questions an aspect or finds a more efficient or better manner, in which to achieve an outcome, takes his question to the Manager of Engineering prior to making any changes.
* Ensures all data and drawings are filed and/or stored per policies in an organized manner
* Identifies information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events
* Conducts tests and inspections on products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
* Ensures all relevant information is documented appropriately in the company CRM
* Research and document necessary items needed for design
* Efficiently and effectively design new products from customer input
* Understanding of the quoting and budgeting process of a project for later advancement to project management roles.
* Hands on ability in understanding of mechanical parts
* Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Mechanical Engineering is required; graduation from an ABET-accredited program is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Solidworks